Writing is the monumentally complex operation whereby
experience, insight, and imagination are distilled into language;
reading is the equally complex operation that disperses
these distilled elements into another person’s life.
Awarded “Top Writer 2013″ on Quora
Essays & Articles
The Power of Working Backwards | Jun 5, 2016
I’m throwing away one thing every day | Jan 7, 2016
How Mozart made better music by lying to his family | July 29, 2014 (in The Productivityist)
It’s easier to be busy than to be valuable | July 15, 2014
Bad Jokes at the Bar | June 19, 2014
A Starbucks Threesome | March 7, 2014 (in The Good Men Project)
All Single Men Are Stalkers | October 17, 2013 (in Thought Catalog)
The Art of Solitude | September 17, 2013
The Power of the Unwritten Word | July 9, 2013
The Best #&@%ing Pocket Knife You’ll Read About Today | September 10, 2012
How We Went From Idea to Launch… in 4 Days | October 25, 2010
The White Lines of Management | March 18, 2010
Why I’m Not a Creationist (Anymore) | February 18, 2010 (in First Things Evangel)
A Guide to Writing Well | January 8, 2007 (A compilation)
In Praise of Shadows: A Meditation | September 23, 2006
Let the Consumer Beware, Part 2 | July 11, 2006
Let the Consumer Beware, Part 1 | June 26, 2006
Surrounded By Loneliness | March 13, 2006 in Circle Six Magazine
A Small Case Against Online Dating | July 17, 2005
Why All Subjects Must Be Taught As History | January 24, 2005
Short Essays / Sketches
On your next flight, don’t waste your life. Do something that matters. | April 28, 2014
Is Lauren Green Anti-Muslim? Or Just Pro-Christian? | July 29, 2013
When Breathing Is a Sin | July 24, 2013
Catholic Church Offers Fast Track To Heaven For Pope Francis Twitter Followers | July 18, 2013
Why Chick-fil-a Hates Me | July 14, 2013
This Terrifying Snake Has a Tail That Looks Like a Spider | July 13, 2013
Ben Franklin & George Whitefield | June 30, 2013
Isaac, Ishmael and America | October 15, 2010
On unpasteurized milk | May 19, 2008
Are nifty websites the future of education? | March 12, 2008
The Importance of News | October 16, 2007
On Reading | July 17, 2007
Can Ray Comfort really prove God exists? | May 3, 2007
The new earth? Don’t be so hasty. | May 2, 2007
Start saving! | April 18, 2007
Media and massacre | April 17, 2007
The Problems of Institutional Giving | April 3, 2006
My Style Addiction | November 3, 2005
Our iPodaciousness | June 1, 2005
Prioritizing Books | December 27, 2004
- The Reading Interviews series
Reflections and Thoughts
Occasionally I publish thoughts or questions that come to my mind during the day. See the thoughts category.
- Brende, Eric. Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology, October 18, 2005.
- Carlson, Charles. Eight Steps to Seven Figures, March 17, 2008.
- Erickson, Millard, Paul Helseth, and Justin Taylor (editors). Reclaiming the Center, January 10, 2005.
- Guinness, Os. Fit Bodies, Fat Minds, June 22, 2005.
- Rice, Anne. Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt, December 13, 2005.
- Robison, John Elder. Look Me in the Eye, April 2, 2008.
- Russell, Mary Doria. The Sparrow (1996), March 11, 2008.
- Van Over, Charles. The Best Bread Ever, September 14, 2007.
- Veith, Gene Edward Jr. and Christopher L. Stamper. Christians in a .com World, August 13, 2005.